JB Outer City Location
- JB Outer City has 4 main clusters and many standalones scattered over a wide area. Taman Molek, Austin, Setia Tropika and Skudai.
Part 1: Taman Molek
- This suburb has a very strong Japanese expatriate community with some properties (e.g. Molek Pine 3&4) boasting well over 70 percent occupation by Japanese nationals.
- These properties command premium rental rates that defy normal market rates in nearby suburbs.
- A 3-bedroom property can rent for RM4000-4500 per month, while the market average in the vicinity is around the RM3000 mark.
- The ‘location loyalty’ shown by the Japanese community makes Molek Pines a unique ‘ethnic hotspot’.
- One of the properties has an onsen as part of its common facilities.
- Taman Molek has traditionally been a stronghold for this community but there appears to be a spillover happening toward other newer developments like Senibong Cove on the Tebrau Coast.
Future JB Outer City – Taman Molek Hotspot
- Will newer developments like Senibong Cove cause a shift rather than a spillover to de-throne Taman Molek as a ‘hotspot”?
- Will the convenience of integrated properties such as Country Garden, R&F or Sunway Iskandar upend traditional hotspots?
Next: Part 2: Austin, Part 3: Setia Tropika and Part 4: Skudai will be reviewed in the upcoming posts.
We are constantly updating this area’s DEMAND and SUPPLY, location review in HOTSPOT and future PRICES in our FORECAST section.