JB INNER CITY FORECAST
JB Inner City has 3 main clusters – Larkin, New York Hotel/City and Taman Bayu suburb.
Critical factors that will influence future price and demand for Larkin properties are:
- Larkin Sentral retains its hotspot as a major local and interstate transport hub.
- Property prices match the middle-lower income socio-demographic.
JB Inner City – Larkin Forecast
- Larkin Sentral, the main bus terminal in JB, will likely retain its hotspot status up to 2025.
- Beyond that, we expect that the completion of the RTS at Bukit Chagar will have an adverse impact on Larkin Sentral.
- It is highly probable that Bukit Chagar will be a major transport hub where an interstate and local bus terminal will co-locate with RTS into Singapore.
- Such an arrangement will provide commuters with seamless connectivity and may undermine the popularity of Larkin Sentral.
- In the interim, newer properties such as M Condo, SKS Habitat, Seasons Luxury and Aman Larkin (formerly Scott Tower Larkin) will likely enjoy good take-up rates from nearby upgraders.
- Huge numbers of people live in dilapidated ‘Pangsapuri’ (see photo) and they are likely to make this long-awaited shift.
We are constantly updating this area’s DEMAND and SUPPLY, location review in HOTSPOT and future PRICES in our FORECAST section.