JB Inner City has 3 main clusters – Larkin, New York Hotel/City and Taman Bayu suburb.
The critical factors that will influence the future price and demand the most for Larkin properties are:
- Larkin Sentral retains its hotspot as a major local and interstate transport hub.
- Property prices match the middle-lower income socio-demographic.
JB Inner City – Larkin Forecast
- Larkin Sentral, the main bus terminal in JB will likely retain its hotspot status up to 2025. Beyond that, we expect that the completion of the RTS at Bukit Chagar will have an adverse impact on Larkin Sentral.
- It is highly probable that Bukit Chagar will be a major transport hub where an interstate and local bus terminal will co-locate with RTS into Singapore. Such an arrangement will provide commuters with seamless connectivity and may undermine the popularity of Larkin Sentral.
- In the interim, newer properties such as M Condo, SKS Habitat, Seasons Luxury, Aman Larkin (formerly Scott Tower Larkin) will likely enjoy good take-up rates from nearby upgraders. There is a huge population of dilapidated ‘Pangsapuri’ dwellers (see photo) that will likely make this long-awaited shift.